Tuesday 13 September 2011

Repair around sampson post and forward bulkhead

During my initial viewing of the boat the most obvious potential 'deal breaker' was an area of dry rot in the forward bulkhead which was a result of water leaking in around the starboard sampson post. It was concentrated in the centre portion of the bulkhead and deck adjacent to the starboard sampson post. Knowing the kind of loads this area would be subject to I decided this was a job that should be left to the professionals. In this case Mark Wright from Wright Yacht and Boat Sevices in Buddina (http://www.wrightboats.com.au/).








The forward cabin was quite dark when I first inspected the boat so I took this opportunity to paint the forward bulkhead white to lighten up the area.











1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great photos of the anchor locker bulkhead repair. I'm sure in the near future we'll be getting on with it as our bulkhead has also rotted there.

    Tate

    ReplyDelete